Little girls love to play “dress-up!” Of course, before you put on the fancy dress, you have to primp and pamper. Below are great recipes that will guarantee a memorable night from pre-party spa treatments to tea time with fun to bake cookies. Your little glamour girl and all her friends are sure to have a wonderful time!
Twinkle Toes Cookies - Makes 36 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Frosting and Decorating
3 tablespoons meringue powder
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon strawberry extract
Assorted paste or gel food colorings
Assorted sprinkles, candies and sugars
Let’s Start Baking!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line 2 sheet pans with foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
1. Cream butter in a large mixing bowl: add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
2. Combine flour, soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture, blending well.
3. Divide dough half. Roll each portion to ¼ inch thickness on lightly powdered sugar-covered work area. Cut with hand and foot-shaped cookie cutters.
4. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared sheet pans. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until just a hint of light brown appears.
5. Remove from oven and cool on sheet pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool for another 15 minutes before frosting.
Let’s Start Frosting and Decorating!
1. Combine meringue powder, confectioners’ sugar, warm water, and vanilla and strawberry extracts in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Start–off on low speed with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Divide in separate bowls and add desired food colorings.
4. Decorate feet and hand cookies with candies to create painted fingernails and toenails.
Spa-te-da Limeade - Serves 10-12
3/4 cup lime juice
1 cup sugar
2 liters lemon lime soda, chilled
1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice or Grenadine syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 maraschino cherries with stems
2 limes, sliced into 8 slices
Let’s start mixing!
In a punch bowl, combine lime juice and sugar. Stir to blend and completely dissolve sugar.
Stir in soda and cherry juice or grenadine syrup, and vanilla extract. Add 3-4 cups of crushed ice and serve immediately.
Garnish each serving with a maraschino cherry and a slice of lime.
NON–EDIBLE SPA TREATMENTS
Sweet Princess Sugar Scrub
Makes about 1 ½ cups
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
Small amount of pink paste food coloring
Let’s Start Mixing!
1. Stir the sugar, honey, vanilla, and almond extract together in a medium mixing bowl. Dip the end of a toothpick into the paste food coloring and add to mixture and stir to blend.
2. Use a tablespoon or two of sugar scrub on your feet and hands. Smooth and soothe. Rinse well with warm water and apply your favorite lotion.