With the increasing emergence of the concepts “global village,” and “virtual worlds of Internet,” work from home is a great option for those on the look out for work. Here are top nine reasons for why YOU should work from home:
1. With the surging fuel prices, travelling can be a HUGE strain on your finances, not only in terms of money but also in terms of time! Working from home not only brings down your fuel cost but it also keeps the wear and tear on your vehicle to a minimum. You could save nearly 132 hours annually by just skipping a 30-minute trip to work!
2. If you have a computer connected to the Internet and a phone on hand, you are just as well connected from your house as from an office. There’s plenty of growth in the ‘work from home’ sector because of the reduced costs for employers and a better life-work balance for employees like you.
3. You have less wardrobe costs because you don’t have to spend on clothes! That’s right you can just sit in front of the computer wearing ABSOLUTELY anything you like and write up a fantastic novel, or be marketing products or just be doing surveys. How much better can things get?
4. If you are working from home, you are likely to be more productive, since you don’t have any lame co-workers groaning about their failed date or about how they can’t stick to a diet. Although you run the risk of e-socializing, it’s far easier to ignore an e-mail rather than whiny colleagues. Moreover, you have to go to fewer meetings, where people just gather to make no conclusions at all.
5. Although it may not be possible to be with your kids full-time, you can surely spend MORE time with them in this work option. You could consider a part-time, rather than full-time babysitter to look after your kids.
6. Lunch is so easy because you can just grab and eat something right out of the fridge. Eating at home saves you plenty of money, because there is a lack of need to go out for lunch and the lack of access to fast food or snack machines.
7. Your work space can be just the way you like: the right room temperature, the right lighting, the right chair…isn’t that comfy??
8. You can use your work breaks to do housework like doing the laundry, picking up after the kids leave, doing the dishes or even watering the garden. Although you may misuse your time at the beginning, eventually you learn to differentiate between work time and home time.
9. In a work from home job, YOU set the hours when you want to work. This allows you to work when you are most productive, whether its 12 am or 12 pm. You can even take off to meet family commitments or just go for a walk outside, as you wish. So it’s all about productivity and not about how much time you are in the office.