Have you seen people at work, school or even in your everyday life who seem to be so self confident, they just seem to rule over the entire world. Everything just seems to be perfect for these extraordinarily calm people. Well do you think it’s because they are smarter, richer or maybe even luckier? Wrong! This is all because self confident people believe in themselves and rely on their abilities, enabling them to create successful opportunities for themselves. So how can you learn to believe in yourself?
1. Make a list of all the most positive and most wonderful things about yourself. Add to your list things that you are extremely good at doing. Think of compliments that people have given you and of things that people have highlighted as your strong points. It doesn’t matter how great these things are, if it’s something positive just write it down!
2. Pick a few things which you think you should work on, to build your self confidence. Concentrate on the areas that you are really good at and keep brushing up in these areas. This will increase your chances of becoming even more self confident. As you become successful, you will realize that success keeps piling on you.
3. Whether you like it or not, try to get that self confidence flowing out of you. Take a few minutes to talk to yourself, encourage yourself and more importantly, stay away from any negativity, let it be thoughts or people. NEGATIVITY IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT! Indulge yourself in positivity. Talk to and mix with confident and successful people. By hanging around success, you’ll become successful and confident yourself.
4. Look at yourself from a different perspective. Give yourself a break and give yourself some credit and look at yourself as a success. This can change your life and boost your confidence immensely. See yourself as the person you want to be and within no time you’ll become that person!
5. Take care of your appearance. Dress well, and by doing so, send off positive vibes. Looking good always makes you feel good. So take extra care about your looks next time you dress up. Spend an extra few more minutes in front of the mirror. Enjoy the feeling of self assurance!
If you have obstacles, stopping you from being the person you want to be, TRASH THEM! Just keep reminding yourselves of the time when you seemed confident and how good it felt to be confident. Keep going back to this time to boost your self-confidence, and soon, building confidence will become an integral part of your life…