You are in: INDIANAPOLIS
- EDUCATION & SCHOOLS
- CHILDHOOD EDUCATION The Top 13 Things That You Will Not Hear Your Child's Teacher Tell You ~ Scott Constable
Let us take a look inside a teacher's head to help you better understand the daily lesson plans and cause your child to perform at a higher level at school.
1. If we teach your child for seven hours a day, do not tell us that our job is so adorable that you wish you could glue and color all day long.
2. I do not have a degree in marriage counseling. At your parent-teacher conference let us stick to the progress Jenna is making and not how you wish you could get more help at home.
3. We do not like the standardized tests and having to teach to these test.
4. When we were kids we used to go outside and play after school and solve our own problems, but now with all the digital technology available they do not have the skills to communicate properly. They do not know how to deal with hurt feelings without the teacher having to step in and fix it.
5. When I hear a child let out a loud belch, I remember that they learned this at home.
6. I understand that your child is the center of your universe, but I have to share my universe with 30 other children.
7. You could really help us out by turning off the texting feature on your child's cellular phone during school hours.
8. People who can dribble a ball for a couple of hours a game can make millions of dollars a year. We educate our future leaders to make about $50,000.
9. On a daily basis, we take on the roll of mother, father, friend and psychologist. Not to metion that we are on the alert for learning disabilities, different issues at home, peer pressure, drug abuse and children being bullied.
10. Kids will tell your secrets all the time. So if you do not want your secrets to be public information keep them to yourself.
11. Please no more gifts. A thank you note would be better.
12. We love snow days and long weekends just as much as your kid does, if not more.
13. The students that we remember are not the ones with the highest grades. They are the children that are happy, respectful and have a good heart.
The ultimate way to educate our children is through reading. Here you will find awesome kids books for children of all ages. Take advantage now.