Jay Block - Expert in Resume Writing
Jay Block is an industry pioneer and one of the nation’s leading executive career coaches and résumé strategists. He is a best-selling Author of 9 books published by McGraw-Hill; 6 of them on résumé writing. Jay has a 20+ year record of international success in re-engineering and professionalizing the career management and résumé writing industries. He works with individuals in résumé development as well as in all aspects of job / career transition. He is the nation’s “go-to” coach for career counselors and coaches; and he certifies job coaches and career counselors internationally.
Jay Block is considered the top trainer in the area of résumé development from a marketing perspective. He has created groundbreaking résumé writing and job transition models, systems, strategies and tools to assist job seekers to excel in highly competitive job markets – including the Organizational Message Chart® used for creating cutting edge, high-impact résumés.
Jay founded THE JAY BLOCK COMPANIES in 1989 and has created 3 international certification programs for the employment industry through the Professional Association of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches.
- Strategic Résumé Certification
- Career Coaching Certification
- Employment Interviewing Certification
In addition to working with individuals, Jay Block works with job coaches from the Workforce Development System / The Department of Labor, major corporations and associations (including the Professional Golf Association of America – PGA).
Jay Block received his Bachelor’s degree from the UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (Cum Laude) in 1976 and holds two major certifications in career transition management.
Books (* Indicates a Best-selling Book):
- 101 Best Résumés, McGraw-Hill
(Translated in Mandarin by SCPH, Hong Kong)
- 101 More Best Résumés, McGraw-Hill
- 101 Great Résumés to Sell Yourself, McGraw-Hill
- 101 Résumés for Grads, McGraw-Hill
- 101 Best Tech Résumés, McGraw-Hill
- 202 Great Résumés, McGraw-Hill
- 2500 Keywords to Get You Hired, McGraw-Hill
- Great Answers for the Interview, McGraw-Hill
- 101 Best Cover Letters, McGraw-Hill, 2002
- The End of the Job Search, Kendall-Hunt, 1997
- Career Magic, a Parable, JBP, 1997
CD’s and Video Programs
- RésuméPro, for Windows, The Learning Company
- Courageous Health, Earshot Audio, Chicago
- How to Think Positive in Difficult Times, JBC
- Co-founder / Member: Professional Association of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches
- Founding Board Member: Career Masters Institute
- Member: International Coaching Federation
- Former President / Member: BNI, PBG, Florida
- Spokesperson: Make a Wish Foundation, S. Florida
- Member: NAWDP (National Association of Workforce Development Professionals)
- Program Developer & Trainer: The Dept. of Labor / Workforce Systems, nationally