Dr. Christopher A. Foetisch Profile
Dr. Foetisch is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine with a practice emphasis involving the shoulder and knee. He is Board Certified through the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and holds professional memberships through the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Medical Association, the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, the Ohio State Medical Association, and the Toledo Academy of Medicine.
Dr. Foetisch received his medical degree from the Medical College of Ohio, completed his Orthopedic Residency at the Medical College of Ohio, as well as a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute in Van Nuys, California. He has been in private practice for the past ten years and his office is located at the Toledo Clinic, Toledo, Ohio.
He serves as Section Chief of Orthopedics and Vice-Chair of Surgery at Flower Hospital, Sylvania, Ohio. Dr. Foetisch also sits on the Flower Hospital Trauma Committee and the Flower Hospital Medical Care Improvement Committee, among other positions.
Widely published, Dr. Foetisch’s credits include articles in the American Journal of Orthopedics, Current Opinion in Orthopaedics, and Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review. He has also acted as expert consultant and professional contributed to numerous community and national trade publications on the following women’s health topics:
- Midlife Depression
- Lifestyle Habits for Optimal Health
- Traveling Tips for Staying Well
- Pre and Post-Op Considerations
- Planning Tips for Caregivers
- Utilizations of Physician Assistants
Dr. Foetisch’s presentations include such topic specializations as:
- Scoping Out the Joint – Arthroscopic Shoulder Lab
- Latest Techniques with Shoulder Instability Problems
- Arthroscopic Bankart Repair/Capsulorrhaphy Repair of the Shoulder and Surgical Stabilization of SLAP Injury.
- Clinical Perspectives on Arthritis and Pain
- Common Shoulder Problems
- Injuries of the Knee: Exams and Treatments
- ACI Surgical Technique & Rehab Considerations
- Orthopedic Coding & Anatomy
- TFN Indications & Techniques