The Master's of Science in Educational Technology (MSET) curriculum, prepares teachers and other education professionals to systematically develop and use technology to support teaching and learning in the classroom, their schools and other learning environments. The program provides a firm foundation of learning theory and instructional design for appropriate decision-making about educational technology and other instructional solutions.
The MSET program is designed to produce graduates who are able to:
- Apply instructional design theories to educational technology.
- Develop strategies to integrate educational technologies into the learning process.
- Develop web-based platforms to support learning communities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational technology solutions.
- Use project management and planning techniques for educational technology
proposals and implementation.
Put Your DeVry Degree to Work Improving Educational Quality and Student Performance
When you earn your MSET degree from DeVry University, you'll be prepared for advanced career opportunities in both public and private school and district settings. You will also have the credentials to be an independent consultant or professional development specialist in a number of growing educational technology areas. These include:
- Instructional Coordinator: In addition to recommending and overseeing the installation and implementation of new technologies into the classroom, instructional coordinators develop instructional materials, train teachers and assess educational programs in terms of quality and adherence to regulations and standards. Instructional Coordinators are also known as curriculum specialists, staff development specialists and directors of instructional materials.
- Educational Technologist: From designing technology-oriented staff development opportunities to supporting teachers as they integrate technology into their classrooms, educational technologist hold the position of resident education technology expert in a school or district.
- Educational Technology Trainer: Empowering teachers to improve student learning in the classroom and administrators to make positive changes in their school systems, educational technology trainers provide professional development expertise by helping educators learn and incorporate new technologies that meet both curricular and technology standards.
The MSET program and the educational technology graduate certificate are online programs. Selected coursework may be available onsite at some DeVry University locations.