Think about how many times a day you use technology to perform a task - banking, downloading music, and communicating with your friends. It takes specialized skills to design and implement the software and hardware that power our world. That's where a computer degree comes in.
From iPods to cell phones to defense-related equipment, computer engineering technologists create advanced electronics in all areas of the research, manufacturing, medical, communications, security and consumer products markets.
Major computer engineering career opportunities are available in a variety of industries, including:
- Consumer products
Prepare for a Specialized Career in a Field Poised for Dramatic Growth
With a computer engineering technology degree, you'll be prepared for career opportunities in a number of growing industries. In a computer engineering career, you'll create advanced technologies, design and implement software and hardware solutions, and continue to bring about progress to propel our lives forward. You'll also develop a strong skills base from which to advance to supervisory and management positions.
With a title ranging from Test Engineer to Engineering, Quality Control and R&D Technologist, your professional responsibilities could include:
- Developing new chips, semiconductor fabrications and electronic Internet applications
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of advanced electronic products and industrial equipment
- Working with senior engineers and technicians to design, test and troubleshoot new technologies
Program educational objectives are the skills and abilities graduates are expected to demonstrate during the first few years of employment. CET program educational objectives include:
- Achieving employment in a CET-related position with appropriate title and compensation.
- Demonstrating CET-related technical problem-solving skills.
- Functioning effectively in diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Adapting to changes in technology through continuous personal and professional development.
- Being capable of assuming increasing professional responsibility.
- Conducting all professional activities with integrity, and demonstrating a sense of social and environmental responsibility.
Courses can be taken online, in class or a combination of both.