Why Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS)?
Through the tests performed in the clinical laboratory, medical teams of pathologists, specialists, technologists and technicians work together to determine the presence, extent or absence of disease and provide data needed to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment. Working with complex, precision instruments and a variety of automated and electronic equipment, these healthcare professionals also confirm the accuracy of test results and report laboratory findings to pathologists and other physicians.
Currently, more than 3,000 laboratory tests are available for diagnostic use. The introduction of new medical technologies through the completion of the Human Genome Project will cause this number to more than double. In fact, industry experts project employment growth of 14 percent in the clinical laboratory science field by 2016*. That's considerably faster than the average employment growth for all occupations! Yet, even though the need for clinical laboratory scientists is great, the opportunities to earn a bachelor's degree in this field are rare.
DeVry University provides you with the exceptional opportunity to earn your bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science in just 3 years (or in less than 2 years by transferring your qualifying credits!). As a result, you'll receive the right combination of knowledge, practical skills and credentials to begin your career or advance in this rapidly growing field.
Why DeVry for Clinical Laboratory Science?
For students seeking a comprehensive, hands-on and career-oriented clinical laboratory science degree program, DeVry University will give you the advantage. Here's why:
- Recognized leader. A leading provider of technology-based business education for over 75 years, DeVry University prepares you for high-demand, high-paying careers in clinical laboratory science.
- Employer approved. DeVry University works with healthcare professionals and industry leaders to design degree programs that produce graduates who meet their needs. Plus, our Clinical Laboratory Science curriculum prepares graduates with more of the communications, critical-thinking, problem-solving and collaborative skills that are critical to working in a healthcare environment.
- Career-focused education. DeVry University offers an accelerated bachelor's degree program, application-based learning that applies directly into to a clinical lab environment, accessible faculty with practical healthcare experience, and the hands-on learning in a classroom setting with the convenience of online education elements.
- Learn-by-doing methodology. As a CLS student at DeVry University, you'll learn through the use of up-to-date clinical laboratory technologies, precision instruments and electronic equipment, as well as gain practical experience.
- Competitive advantage. With qualifying prior credit to apply, you'll complete your clinical laboratory science degree in less time and less expensively than you would in a traditional bachelor's degree program, allowing you to launch or advance your career ahead of the competition and increase your earning potential by as much as 50 percent over clinical laboratory technicians with associate degrees**.
- Successful graduates. Over 90 percent of DeVry University graduates* system-wide in the active job market were employed in their fields of study within six months of graduation. Become part of this great statistic by earning your bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science from DeVry University.
DeVry University Clinical Laboratory Science degree program is offered at a location near you. See our programs by location for details.